Ride With ViaPosted January 29th, 2019
Metro and Foothill Transit have partnered with Via to provide shared, on-demand rides to or from the El Monte Station.
Book a ride in real time!
Great news! As of May 16, Via has an expanded zone in El Monte to connect with more riders.
How to ride
Step 1: Create your account.
If you have a smartphone or tablet:
- Download the Via app, and sign up for an account using a credit, debit, or pre-paid card.
- Search “Via” in the App Store or Google Play Store, and look for the blue app icon.
If you do not have a smartphone or tablet:
Please call (619) 731-0710 to set up your account and book a ride.
Step 2: Request a Ride.
- Type your pickup address and destination in the app.
- You’ll receive a proposal with an estimated time of arrival when the next available Via-cle can pick you up.
- This service is intended to serve first/last mile connections for El Monte Station, so all trips must start or end at this station.
Step 3: Meet your driver.
- You’ll be asked to meet your driver at a nearby pickup spot (no more than 500 feet). If you’re having trouble finding your ride or have any questions about the service, contact Via’s Live Support at (619) 731-0710.
Need a wheelchair accessible ride?
Check the wheelchair accessible option in your app, or tell a support rep when you book by phone.
Monday – Friday: 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
TAP Card holders pay $1.75 per ride.
LIFE Participants ride for free.
All other riders pay $3.75 per ride.
Learn more at: ridewithvia.com/losangeles